Consider the University of Minnesota Dietetic Internship if you are looking for a program that offers:
- Strong relationships with highly qualified Preceptors (professionals that oversee field experiences) within the vibrant Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Well-defined & varied hands-on learning opportunities in a variety of practice environments
- Preparedness for passing the RDN exam
- Readiness to be a competent practitioner in a variety of career paths
- Additional professional development opportunities
- Leadership that recognizes & values each intern individually
- Respectful, equitable, and inclusive learning environment for all individuals
You bring your curiosity, skillsets, and openness for expanded learning, and we will provide supported, challenging, and interesting opportunities for you to grow and succeed!
Administration of the University of Minnesota Dietetic Internship is through the Department of Food Science and Nutrition at the University of Minnesota, St. Paul campus. The program is a cooperative effort between the department and The Emily Program, as well as M Health Fairview.
Offering two areas of concentration:
Eating Disorders- The Emily Program (ED-TEP)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
The University of Minnesota Dietetic Internship offers non-credit, non-degree, supervised practice experiences to meet eligibility requirements for program graduates to take the CDR registration examination for dietitian nutritionists.
This program has been granted accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) for the 2019-2026 period.
ACEND is the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ accrediting agency for education programs preparing students for careers as registered dietitian nutritionists (RDN) or dietetic technicians, registered (DTR). ACEND serves and protects students and the public by assuring the quality and continued improvement of nutrition and dietetics education programs.
ACEND is recognized by the United States Department of Education affirming that ACEND meets national standards and is a reliable authority on the quality of nutrition and dietetics education programs. ACEND is also a member of the Association of Specialized and Professional Accreditors (ASPA) and abides by its code of good practice.
ACEND can be contacted by:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 800/877-1600, ext. 5400
International callers: +1-312/899-0040, ext. 5000
120 South Riverside Plaza
Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606-6995