Each applicant must follow the application instructions specific to the concentration in which he/she is applying. Each concentration area has its own selection committee to review applications received.
- ED-TEP concentration has a maximum enrollment of 15
- MNT concentration has a maximum enrollment of 10
To be eligible for admission, the following requirements must be met:
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university recognized by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Verification of Completion of an approved program in dietetics OR a Declaration of Intent to Complete from an approved program in dietetics listing all courses required with a time table of completion before entering the U of M DI Program
- Medical Nutrition Therapy course or equivalent must be completed within three years prior to beginning the U of M DI Program. Refer to Recency of Education policy for details.
- If selected for U of M DI, applicants who submitted a Declaration of Intent to Complete form with their DI applications must obtain a signed DPD verification statement from their DPD Program Director and official transcript documenting completion of the bachelor’s degree before they may begin the dietetic internship
- Minimum cumulative and DPD GPA of 3.1 (based on a 4.0 system)
- Strong GPA (grades in subjects such as biochemistry, advanced nutrition/metabolism, MNT, community nutrition, and food service will be considered by the selection committee)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership, teamwork and self-direction
- Relevant work or volunteer experience and/or extracurricular involvement
- Strong letters of recommendation – two from faculty and one from a supervisor
- Well-written personal statement which answers all the required questions
- Overall potential of student to successfully complete an internship in the respective concentration area, a nationally renowned eating disorder treatment center or a high acuity teaching hospital
- Completion of all required application details
The U of M Dietetic Internship accepts applications for the Spring Match.
- If you are still in school, your Didactic Program Director and/or faculty advisor can be a resource person for information and guidance with the application process.
- DICAS Online can provide information regarding the online application process and its fees. Call 617-612-2855 (Hours: 9am-5pm EST) or email email@example.com.
- Computer matching information, including applicant responsibilities and computer matching dates with deadlines, is on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/ACEND website.
- D&D Digital Systems can provide information about the computer matching process and its fees. Visit their website at www.dnddigital.com, call 515-292-0490 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eating Disorders Concentration: Matching Code No. 273
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Concentration: Matching Code No. 348
- For specific U of M DI questions not addressed in our website, Contact Us.
- Any student interested in this program is encouraged to apply. All completed applications go through a selection committee review process.
- To complete the application process accurately, choose the appropriate link(s) listed below Application Instructions for:
- Application Instructions specific to our DI Program concentration in which you are applying
- An Application Checklist specific to the concentration in which you are applying
- The Supplemental Application Form specific to the concentration in which you are applying. Since each concentration has a separate selection committee review process, a $50 payment should be included with each supplemental application form submitted to our program.
Choose the appropriate link below for specific Application Instructions:
----Process Under Revisions; check back in the fall-----
- Preselect Process (U of M Graduate Students only) for ED-TEP
- Preselect Process (U of M Students only) for MNT
- Computer Matching Process for ED-TEP**
- Computer Matching Process for MNT**
**IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS if applying to BOTH CONCENTRATIONS for the Computer Matching Process:
Since DICAS technically allows only one Personal Statement to be uploaded per DI Program, if applying to both concentration areas:
(1) Upload your personal statement for the ED-TEP concentration as the Personal Statement, and
(2) Upload your personal statement for the MNT concentration as a Supplemental document